Full-Time Regional Human Resources Manager – People & Service Oriented
Position Title: Regional Human Resources Manager – People & Service Oriented
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Client Background and Primary Accountabilities:
Our retained client is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in Canada and the United States.
As such, our client is looking for a Regional Human Resources Manager – People & Service Oriented that will help install an award winning customer service oriented culture!
At our retained client, organizational culture is where people make the difference. Part of your primary accountabilities will be to help attract, build, and retain a diverse workforce that is poised for significant growth.
When you join our retained client, you will benefit from a supportive senior leadership team, and a company learning culture that allows you and others to do their absolute best, and to follow career dreams and aspirations that are significant and achievable.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, and working closely with the retail insurances branch team management and staff, the Regional Human Resources Manager – People & Service Oriented will be responsible for the following:
• Implement people strategies related to the Employee Journey that align to the field business initiatives and understand and learn the broader business and company goals, and to translate into a consistent human resources vision.
• Establish consistent human resources practices across all retail and insurance branches across Alberta and British Columbia.
• Identify opportunities to improve and streamline current processes and practices, and to lead system wide organizational development.
• Ensure alignment and consistent execution of human resources initiatives and to support the cascade and roll out of major human resources programs.
• Help Branch Managers utilize their time most efficiently and effectively as it relates to human resources issues.
• Provide consistent communication with senior leaders, and branch managers in regards to employee relations issues, and to provide a consistent feedback loop on key themes back to the senior executive leadership team.
• Up to 25% Travel to Insurance and Retail Branches in Alberta and British Columbia as required (pending health order).
Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement
• Increase the effectiveness of our retained client’s talent acquisition and retention strategies.
• Demonstrate effort to prioritize, develop and recommend diversity initiatives and programs to allow our retained client to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds – thereby, promoting diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization.
• Support our client’s succession planning process and to coordinate and participate in succession planning meetings as required.
• To ensure personal development plans are created and executed on an ongoing basis.
• Build and support an award winning culture that is focused on employee engagement as a foundation of managing insurance branches across the two regions.
• Lead the engagement action planning process and support senior leaders in delivering effective and meaningful action plans.
• Lead the annual performance appraisal process for both salaried and hourly employees by ensuring content is cascaded accurately and rolled up in a proactive and timely manner.
• Educate and coach Branch Managers on all aspects of employee performance appraisals and the merit increase process as required.
• Coach and train the field leadership team on various human resources aspects such as: discipline and performance management, employee relations.
• Support new hires and on boarding for Branch Managers and retail insurance operations.
• Conduct regular human resources reviews and exit interviews to quickly address underlying key themes and action plans to mitigate employee turnover.
• Guide, train, and direct on the interpretation and execution of policies and processes to ensure compliance and a positive employee experience.
• Ensure legal compliance with applicable provincial Employment Standards legislation and Human Rights.
• Investigate and resolve all employee relations complaints and concerns in accordance with company guidelines and an ‘open door policy’ as required.
• Diagnose performance concerns and opportunities and identify root causes, offering effective and holistic solutions.
• Develop and implement proactive employee relations strategies.
Key Performance Indicators
• Consistently build and review human resources metrics platforms which align to sustainable field initiatives and objectives.
• Focus on building integrity of key data, based on strategic insight and the needs of the differing markets and region as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• 3 – 5 years of human resources generalist and retail leadership experience or combined people management experience
• College Diploma or University Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is required
• Canadian Human Resources Designation (CPHR) is an asset
• Knowledge of Canadian Employment law
• Sound human resources judgment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Adaptable, team player and able to lead & influence others
• Organizational and time management skills
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel up to 25% in Alberta and British Columbia (Pending Current Health Orders)
• Constant role model for our retained client’s principles based culture and core values which include: entrepreneurship, integrity, teamwork, accountability, and a service oriented culture.
Our Client’s Core Values:
• Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educated risk taking
• Integrity – doing things right every time
• Teamwork – working together to maximize results
• Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
• Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Department: Human Resources
Required Experience: 3 – 5 Years (Human Resources Generalist or previous Human Resources Manager)
Required Travel: Up to 25% (Alberta and British Columbia)
Required Education: College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
How to ApplyContact: In confidence, please call or send your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting: Regional Human Resources Manager – People & Service Oriented to: email@example.com Cliff Tang or Cindy Hogan Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development "Part of Your Team" Lynn Valley Town Centre 1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S9 604-727-3141 (phone) 604-988-3152 (fax) web: www.zealotsconsulting.com
175 total views, 4 today