Full-Time Accounting Manager
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Reference # ZC-202149
Client Background and Primary Accountabilities:
About Specialty Program Group Canada Inc. (www.specialtyprogramgroup.ca)
Specialty Program Group Canada (“SPG”) is the largest Property & Casualty (P&C) Managing General Agency (MGA) in Canada representing foreign and domestic insurers and serving professional brokers in all provinces. Trading under three operating brands, Cansure, Beacon, and i3 Underwriting, and supporting shared services for accounting/finance, information systems, and claim examining & adjusting services, with over 200 employees from BC to NB, SPG is Canada’s leading P&C MGA organization.
The company operates four regional offices (Toronto ON, Langley BC, Salmon Arm BC, and head-office in Vancouver BC) and remote work is fully supported as are hybrid flexible work options. The company has embraced virtual teams, camera-on culture, and valuing people for what they can contribute over where they might sit. Specialty Program Group Canada Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HUB International. (www.hubinternational.com)
This fast paced, dynamic, organization is looking for an experienced finance operations leader to innovate scale-able processes and workflows, to manage the consolidation of three accounting systems into one, lead an accounting service team, and to work effectively with head-office finance personnel and other departments within SPG.
Overview of Position
The Accounting Manager will serve as a thought leader and change manager in partner with senior and front-line leaders to drive finance goals, programs and processes in support of growth and business results for SPG. This individual will champion accounting shared services within client groups and will be a true partner to client groups on a broad range of organizational issues of critical importance to the business.
Currently, the four operating divisions of SPG each run separate policy and accounting systems. The organization is embarking on an ambitious plan to consolidate all policy, claims, and accounting activities into Oracle Net Suite, and needs a leader to plan, execute, and manage the elements of the project and future business finance and accounting operational needs. Three accounting service teams will be combined into one, to provide accounting services in a multi-entity structure. Beyond core system consolidation, this business has many ongoing finance and accounting challenges around changing forms of payments in/out, trust and loss-fund account management, integration with e-commerce, and evolving data & reporting needs.
The insurance industry is undergoing an electronic commerce transformation and as an MGA, SPG has many upstream and downstream finance operations challenges to resolve and overcome. The company plans more acquisitions and has several “sister companies” which may also benefit from shared services offered by this group.
The ideal candidate is an innovative business partner, relationship builder and people motivator. The Accounting Manager partners with business leaders and Corporate leaders, as needed, to develop and execute best practice solutions to drive business results through responsive and efficient finance operations.
• Entrepreneurship – encouraging innovation and educate risk-taking
• Integrity – doing things right every time
• Teamwork – working together to maximize results
• Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
• Service – serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a relevant accounting or finance role in the Canadian insurance industry preferred
• 3+ years of leadership, management, operations and/or customer service experience
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA, CMA, CGA)
• Skilled at building collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization to solve problems and implement solutions
• Possesses a rational, confident and mature approach to decision making and inspires trust and confidence in business partner relationships
• Well-developed critical thinking and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
• High sense of urgency with strong orientation towards customer support
• Experience integrating acquisitions and planning accounting system consolidations an asset
• Strong computer system skills including Oracle experience, Oracle Net Suite experience an asset
• Good organizational savvy, resilient, agile
• Demonstrates ownership and accountability and, motivates people to deliver results
• Ability to simultaneously and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities, formal project management training an asset
• Effectively manages national and provincial complexities
• Ability to travel infrequently an asset
How to ApplyContact: In confidence, please call or send your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting: Accounting Manager by sending your resume to: email@example.com Cliff Tang or Cindy Hogan Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development "Part of Your Team" Lynn Valley Town Centre 1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S9 604-727-3141 (phone) 604-988-3152 (fax) web: www.zealotsconsulting.com
74 total views, 3 today