Full-Time Xactimate Specialist
The Xactimate Specialist has an in-depth knowledge of scoping property damage using Xactimate Software. The ideal candidate knows the software in depth and is able to transfer the knowledge and train our Claims Adjusters. You will also be responsible for scoping damages for large property and commercial losses and to participate in scoping for catastrophic claims.
You will work in a fast-paced environment to process high volumes of claims in a timely manner. There are specific deadlines and work load is based upon the fluctuation in claims. You must have the ability to manage abeyances, pending files and influxes due to major weather events. You must ability to travel across the country in the event of catastrophes and to provide support for Xactimate users.
- Serve as subject matter expert and train adjusters on how to scope property damage claims using Xactimate software
- Provide training on how to measure for the damages and to sketch the estimate
- Assist adjusters in preparing scopes for small claims
- Prepare scopes for large property and commercial losses
- Encourage reluctant users to become comfortable with the use of the software
- Assist nationally for scoping during catastrophic events
- Prompt contact and follow up with policy holders and claimants by phone or in person.
- Gather the necessary information by conducting site visits where required, “interview” appropriate parties and review any applicable information or reports.
- Establish quantum of damages.
- Perform duties assigned to him/her in compliance with established work standards, policies and procedures.
Education, knowledge and experience required
- Minimum 10 years construction or adjusting experience
- Minimum 3 years Xactimate experience: Scoping and estimate review using Xactimate at an intermediate to advanced level
- A level 2 or level 3 Xactimate certification required
- Policy coverage, limits of liability & reinsurance policies
- Large property and commercial losses
- Investigation procedures and documentation including consulting local authorities and reviewing property damage
- Technical and financial terms which may include understanding of valuation of depreciated assets in the case of property claims and replacement cash valuations
- Computer skills (eg. Proficiency in MS Office applications, spreadsheet proficiency, the systems and software the organization utilizes)
- Time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage a caseload.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to teach effectively
- Analytical skills to assess the damage and situation
- Detail orientation to complete all required documentation appropriately and understand any necessary details of the policy
- Personal organizational skills to maintain the workflow of documentation as required
- Problem solving to determine how to resolve issues and deal with the claim effectively.
The Xactimate Specialist will need to be mobile and physically able to investigate the scene, when required. You are required to work varied hours including dayshifts, and on call on a rotational basis (for weekends and evenings) and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle
- Sit, stand, walk, kneel, crawl and climb to investigate damaged property.
- Sit at a workstation with the ability to alternate positions as required.
- Available for travel across the country
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
How to ApplyPlease email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
462 total views, 1 today