Full-Time Western Manager, Equipment Breakdown Insurance
Location: Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC
The Sovereign General Insurance Company is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to motivate and provide guidance to our Equipment Breakdown team in Western Canada. The successful candidate will be adept at marketing and implementing creative Equipment Breakdown solutions, work closely with internal and external stakeholders to maximize business opportunities and provide responsible leadership and technical direction on Equipment Breakdown risks.
Production & Underwriting
- Conduct analysis to determine risk on new business, renewals and programs.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk.
- Negotiate coverage and rates and /or program requirements for brokers.
- Assist in developing an team-oriented approach to meeting company goals and objectives including written premium and profitability objectives.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of existing accounts including implementation of audit procedures, to ensure the quality of accounts underwritten and adherence to procedures and philosophy.
Customer Service and Marketing
- Develop and maintain positive constructive relationships with our brokers, Co-operators colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Participate in broker visits to assist in identifying and developing Equipment Breakdown underwriting opportunities.
- Obtain information from brokers regarding overall quality of service.
Team Work Management
- Lead a small team of dedicated staff, geographically spread across Western Canada, by embracing the principles of our game changing culture.
- Determine correct staff compliment in terms of the necessary skill and abilities to optimize team success.
- Function as a mentor, assist with removing barriers to success and support training and development of staff.
- Ensure work is appropriately planned, assigned and reviewed.
- Participate in performance reviews, goal setting and annual salary review process.
- Ensure documentation and files comply with legislative requirements (Canada Revenue, Privacy, Labor Standards, Insurance Industry Standards).
- Ensure all electronic and hard copy documentation standards are communicated to staff and met.
- Participate in projects, meetings, conferences as required.
- Undertake any other related appropriate duties and activities as assigned.
- A proven track record as a successful leader in the Equipment Breakdown insurance within the broker distribution system.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience, with propensity for making informed, effective business decisions within a complex environment.
- Strong technical expertise and sound underwriting skillset in Equipment Breakdown.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a high-performance team through effective performance management, goal setting and leadership.
- The ability to build rapport, negotiate, think critically, and deliver innovative risk solutions.
- CIP/FCIP and/or CRM designations an asset.
- A post secondary degree or diploma in business, risk management or related field.
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
- Some travel will be required.
The Sovereign General Insurance Company is a trusted source of risk solutions for Canadian businesses. Operating in six offices across Canada, Sovereign is a leader in empowered underwriting in commercial and specialty insurance operations. Sovereign is proud to carry an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and to be recognized once again with Aon Hewitt Gold Level Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2017. Canadian owned and operated since 1953, Sovereign is a part of The Co‑operators group of companies, a leading Canadian provider of multi-line insurance products with assets of more than $14.5 billion.
Why Choose Sovereign?
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and encourage a positive work/life balance.
- We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart.
For more information about Sovereign, please visit: http://www.sovereigngeneral.com/public_docs/careers/WhySovereign.php
The Co-operators group of companies is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.
How to ApplyApply by email at email@example.com *Please state the job title in your email subject line.
408 total views, 1 today