Full-Time Vice President, Claims
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, Claims at Peace Hills Insurance; a successful and growing company, based out of our Edmonton office. Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of a dynamic executive team, the Vice President, Claims will share in the executive’s responsibility to develop and execute the Company’s long term strategic plans and determine the overall direction and philosophy of the Company. The Vice President of Claims is responsible for the overall leadership and oversight of the Claims Department, with a focus on efficiency and exceptional service, while ensuring the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing strategic objectives; oversee implementation of Claims initiatives in alignment and support of Peace Hills Insurances’ strategic plan.
- Translate strategy into the establishment of short and long range departmental goals, objectives, and deliverables.
- Bring expertise to the reinsurance process, including the assessment of needs and participation in the reinsurance program renewal and negotiation process.
- Embrace tools and technology by exploring and implementing solutions that will improve the team’s efficiency, the claims process and the customer’s experience.
- Provide leadership and direction and instill a culture of accountability to the Claims Department; mentor, engage and empower a team comprised of managers and employees.
- Oversee the fraud/SIU function and initiate necessary loss prevention strategies and actions.
- Establish a strong presence in the insurance industry and represent Peace Hills Insurance by engaging with external partners and organizations and participating on select committees (i.e. IBC).
- Embrace and uphold the Company’s focus on the delivery of exceptional customer service; continuously evaluate and strive to improve.
- Review the claims reserving philosophy and procedures, and design a plan to clearly define, educate and communicate same. Infuse this philosophy into the team and ensure compliance to established standards.
- Embrace the internal audit process including follow through on recommendations. Actively participate in Enterprise Risk Management from an organizational viewpoint.
- Identify key claims risks and develop and implement processes for mitigation of such risks.
- Evaluate coverage issues and make decisions in this regard with the ability to consider multiple, and possibly conflicting/grey, factors.
- Analyze data and information, using it to make decisions and develop strategies for the Claims Department.
- Manage the overall claims budget, monitoring variances and taking action as needed.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in the industry that may affect the company, and respond accordingly.
- Ensure compliance of corporate, regulatory and legal requirements; liaise with legal counsel as needed.
Prior experience and qualifications include:
- CIP or FCIP designation and/or relevant post-secondary education.
- A combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 15 years of property and casualty claims experience including a minimum 5 years of leadership experience.
- General understanding of reinsurance programs and the importance of strong relationships to drive value from the programs.
- Considerable experience in the development and execution of strategy.
Skills & Abilities / Competencies
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing a team of claims professionals.
- Proven track record working and collaborating with senior management.
- Ability to apply judgement and discretion to complex decisions.
- Strategic, analytical, and planning capabilities.
- Understands the importance of the Claims function as a part of the Company’s overall success.
- Demonstrates integrity without exception and leads by example in all situations.
- An excellent communicator with high proficiency in listening, writing, verbal communication and consensus building.
- Passion and commitment to the delivery of exceptional service delivery.
- Proven competence in problem solving, negotiating and influencing others.
- Extraordinary ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, and with internal and external partners.
- Excels in a ‘work hard and play hard’ environment and instills this culture within the Department.
- Travel is required in this role.
How to ApplyWorking at Peace Hills Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. A collegial work environment and an excellent worklife balance are just two of the ways we do this. If you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com. This posting will remain active until a suitable candidate is selected. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
664 total views, 1 today