Full-Time Vice President, Casualty Underwriting
Job Title: Vice President, Casualty Underwriting
Division: AXIS Insurance, Canada
Job Location: Toronto, ON
To oversee the profitability and growth of the Casualty underwriting operation: continuous developing, implementing, maintaining and improving underwriting appetite, guidelines, protocols, rates, pricing, quality of service, and strategic planning. Direct training, development and auditing of the Casualty underwriting team to ensure quality and proficiency. Interact and grow relationships with clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Portfolio management of GL, XS/Umbrella business.
- Prospect new business targets and opportunities. Develop account strategy and actively pursue new opportunities.
- Review and evaluate new and renewal business based upon company guidelines. Develop account strategy and proposal based upon full underwriting knowledge including industry, competitor news and economic factors. Develop and implement long term Casualty strategy including budget, forecast, etc. Change focus as required.
- Review account coverage requests. Determine AXIS position within granted authority and communicate to brokers.
- Analyze and underwrite individual risks. Develop appropriate limit structure, retention pricing and endorsements.
- Meet all divisional servicing objectives including but not limited to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, renewal management, file maintenance and documentation, etc.
- Maintain data integrity for underwriting system.
- Assist in the training and development of the Casualty team.
- Travel as necessary to build and maintain relationships and identify product opportunities.
- Collaborate with peers to seek out new production sources and allow for successful cross-marketing of AXIS products.
- Articulate the company’s position and risk appetite to the brokerage community to attract desired business.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. CIP/FCIP designation preferred.
- Eight or more years of Casualty experience.
- Advanced technical expertise, underwriting skills and a high level of knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures.
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and computer skills.
- Strong marketing and presentation skills.
- Successful track record of developing and maintaining a book of CGL accounts.
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
How to Apply
|Company:||AXIS Reinsurance Company (Canadian Branch)|
6447 total views, 4 today