Full-Time Underwriting Support
Reporting to the Property Underwriting Team Leader, the Underwriting Support incumbent assists the Underwriting department by providing administrative and broker support. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, service-oriented team player interested in entering the insurance industry.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
Who We Are
Family Insurance is a managing general agent for Economical Insurance. We strive to be a provider of choice for auto and home insurance and an employer of choice in our industry. Our insurance policies are distributed to British Columbians through a network of independent insurance brokers across the province.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- We are a company that values community, wellness and work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including tuition reimbursement, company matched RRSP and fitness subsidies
- Generous time away, including vacation, personal leave and birthday leave
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Professional Development, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule – Currently, we are working remotely which will re-integrate to hybrid work environment when the office reopens
- Discounts on products and services
- Provide administrative assistance to the Underwriting department
- Data entry into Family’s point of sale system
- Inspect and track orders
- Send policy cancellation letters by registered mail
- Perform various accounting reconciliations on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Premium calculations on auto and property insurance policies
- Generate and complete reports for work-related tasks
- Provide broker support for underwriters, including but not limited to contacting brokerages regarding premium reconciliations, following up on missing information or duplicated declaration pages
- Provide point of sale system support by setting up and verifying user access
- Provide backup for the Reception and Office Services Coordinator during unplanned and planned absences
- This includes but is not limited to call receipt and management, timely courier coordination, fax and mail processing.
- Filing and photocopying documents, as well as other administrative tasks as required
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions with customers and colleagues
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and remains calm under pressure
- Effective problem solving skills for premium calculations and other relevant issues
- Adaptable to a changing environment with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, while also collaborating with stakeholders as required
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Attention to detail when processing repetitive tasks
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative role
- High school diploma and some post-secondary education is required
- Level 1 General Insurance License, or be prepared to obtain the license within the first 30 days of employment
- Experience with MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Experience in the insurance industry is an asset
How to ApplyQualified candidates may apply at company website https://www.familyins.com/pub/careers/ by submitting a cover letter outlining your suitability for this opportunity and a copy of your resume in one document. We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter. Family’s office is located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit. The company offers a supportive and collaborative work culture with great employee perks. We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
57 total views, 10 today