Full-Time Underwriting Specialist – Property & Equipment Breakdown
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: www.hsb.ca
The Underwriting Specialist – Property & Equipment will be part of a team that maintains and advances underwriting excellence at HSB Canada. As a member of the Corporate Underwriting team, the Underwriting specialist – Property & EB participates in challenging projects and contributes to maintaining the profitability and competitiveness of industry-leading specialty insurance products. Reporting to the Manager Underwriting Equipment Breakdown & Property, this role is located at our Head Office in downtown Toronto and is ideal for an innovative thinker with a problem-solving mindset, who is eager to learn.
- Create and update underwriting guidelines, policy forms, and training materials.
- Proactively monitor the portfolio performance identify growth opportunities and recommend corrective actions.
- Serves as the technical reference point for Property and Equipment Breakdown-related inquiries.
- Contribute to special projects supporting new or existing product development and enhancements on the required wordings, guidelines, training, system implementation, and compliance.
- Liaise with other stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Provide training for new Underwriters on underwriting standards, coverages, and policy forms.
- Conduct continuous market research, understand the industry, and know the market-wording.
- Actively participate in industry events and conferences to maintain current knowledge of industry issues and to contribute to setting industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance,
- 3-5 years of experience in the Insurance Industry in the Property and Equipment Breakdown Underwriting,
- Underwriting experience in large and complex risks including renewable energy and power generation,
- CIP designation or working towards designation is preferred,
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Time management skills to prioritize workloads, multiple projects and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy,
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with key internal stakeholders,
- Excellent research, detail orientation, and creative problem-solving skills,
- Strong team player, able to contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
How to ApplyCreating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs. If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference UWS-PEB0124 and click the link: Apply Here. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
1667 total views, 1 today