Full-Time Underwriting Associate, Technical Risk Underwriting Solutions Team (TRusT)
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: www.hsb.ca
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated administrative professional with an interest in learning, to support our Technical Risk Underwriting Solutions Team (TRusT). The Underwriting Assistant will be working in a small but dynamic group focused on servicing renewable energy and large industrial risks. The Underwriting Assistant will support the TRusT team with day-to-day administrative duties, as well as assist in ongoing projects, with the potential opportunity for growth and development within an energetic and growing team of technical insurance professionals. Our candidates should demonstrate strong computer skills (including proficiency and accuracy in MS Excel) with excellent attention to detail.
• Support insurance-related documentation processing using MS Office Suite and proprietary database.
• Assist in the preparation and issuance of policies, endorsements and other documentation.
• Generate and update various reports (monthly, quarterly, ad hoc).
• Review New Business/Renewal submissions and prepare files for assessment by the TRusT Team.
• Liaise with multi-functional teams as required.
• Occasional external communication with brokers, clients and other third parties.
• Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in an office environment.
• University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent.
• Work experience in the insurance industry or related field would be an asset (preferably in the property and casualty Insurance industry).
• CIP or enrolled in CIP program would be an asset.
• Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office applications.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference UA1122-BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to: Apply Here.
61 total views, 2 today