Full-Time Underwriter, Property & Casualty
TRISURA GUARANTEE INSURANCE COMPANY
At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
Named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017 and 2018, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2016, 2017 and 2018 by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice for 2016 and 2017 by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has landed us on the Profit 500 list and our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking an energetic person to join our dynamic, forward thinking group of Specialty Insurance Underwriters in our Toronto office.
PROPERTY & CASUALTY UNDERWRITER – TORONTO
The successful applicant to this newly created role will be passionate and results oriented with the capability to build upon and foster relationships with new and existing broker clients. Specifically, the successful applicant will be responsible for both marketing and underwriting our newly expanded property and casualty line of business.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Dedication to exceptional customer service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- An innovative mindset for delivering thorough solutions
- Passion for excellence and detail orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop new business through networking/marketing with brokers, clients, consultants, lawyers and represent Trisura at various industry related functions
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial outlook with solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a team environment
- A focus on customer service as a key deliverable is essential
- Representing our Property & Casualty team across Canada with a centralized underwriting approach
- Marketing and sourcing new business opportunities
- Partnering with underwriters from other lines of business to identify cross-sell opportunities
- Managing and building a portfolio of property and casualty accounts
- Establishing and maintaining broker relationships
- Evaluating exposures and determining appropriate terms and conditions of coverage
- Learning new product lines and coverages as they are developed
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant industry trends and their impact on products offered
- Some travel within Canada
- Minimum 3+ years of experience within property and casualty
- Completion of or actively pursuing CIP designation
- Bachelor degree or post-secondary education in business, communication, marketing, or insurance preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding company, are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to contribute to the success of an organization that values your contribution, we would like to hear from you!
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Here at Trisura, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
How to ApplyTo submit your application, please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://trisura.workable.com/j/0E512F7F94
47 total views, 9 today