Full-Time Underwriter, Professional Liability – Toronto
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
The Sovereign Insurance is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Professional Liability Underwriting Team in Toronto. The successful candidate will be adept at analyzing risks and corporate financial statements to provide creative solutions to brokers. Having the ability to influence and inspire others through your enthusiasm and will promote exceptional customer service to our broker force.
What you’re responsible for:
- Promoting, underwriting and quoting new business, renewals and endorsements in accordance with the company’s underwriting philosophy, rating, loss ratio objectives, service standards and authority levels.
- Negotiating coverage and rates and participate in underwriting audits.
- Completing necessary documentation in support of the business you handle.
- Developing and maintaining positive constructive relationships with brokers.
- Developing a team-oriented approach to meeting corporate and department goals and objectives; including written premium and profitability objectives.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You may provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You are open and adaptable to changing conditions with a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- 2 – 5 years of Commercial Underwriting, or Brokering, experience in Professional Liability or Program experience.
- Working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is preferred.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.
How to ApplyYour next steps: To learn more about the impact you can make. Apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd! To apply: www.SovereignInsurance.ca Application deadline: September 23, 2019 The Sovereign General Insurance Company is a trusted source of risk solutions for Canadian businesses. Operating in six offices across Canada, Sovereign is a leader in empowered underwriting in commercial and specialty insurance operations. Sovereign is proud to carry an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and to be recognized once again with Aon Hewitt Gold Level Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2017. Canadian owned and operated since 1953, Sovereign is a part of The Co‑operators group of companies, a leading Canadian provider of multi-line insurance products with assets of more than $14.5 billion. Why choose Sovereign? We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and encourage a positive work/life balance. We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities. We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart. For more information, please visit: Sovereign Insurance.
467 total views, 1 today