Do you have strong analytical abilities, a talent for building business relationships and enjoy providing excellent customer service? Are you eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities?
Intact Insurance writes insurance policies for contracting businesses, light manufacturers, wholesalers, professional service companies, building owners, commercial automobile fleets, and many other types of businesses.
As an Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter you will be responsible for analyzing, selecting and underwriting moderately complex risks in commercial automobile, property and/or liability insurance, in order to contribute to a profitable portfolio of business. You will:
- Analyze requests for quotes, renewals and policy changes, and recommend innovative solutions
- Support brokers regarding underwriting and rating policies
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events in support of broker relationship development
- Use negotiating skills to maintain healthy relationships within and outside the company
- Provides technical advice, recommendations, and mentoring to team members
- Make recommendations to improve the department and increase its efficiency
- College diploma or university degree in Business Administration, with a major in Insurance or Insurance and Financial Services
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation preferred
- 3 to 5 years of underwriting experience in Commercial Lines
- Very strong analytical and customer service skills
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Strong negotiating skills and business savvy
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with brokers
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products and computer tools
As part of Intact’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Intact Financial Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Please apply through www.intactfc.com/English/working-at-intact/default.aspx
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.