Full-Time Underwriter I – III (Farm/Commercial)
As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Sandbox Mutual Insurance Company seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At Sandbox, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
We are very excited to be growing our Sandbox Mutual Insurance family. We are on the search to fill two (2) permanent, full-time Underwriter I – III (Farm/Commercial) positions. Reporting to the Supervisor, Underwriting (Farm/Commercial), the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, rating, and processing new business, renewals, and revisions that are routine in nature for varied lines of insurance.
As an Underwriter, YOU Will Be Responsible For
- Reviewing applications, renewals, and revisions to existing policies for insurance to determine the nature and degree of the risk. Researches and obtains additional information on risk if required.
- Determining if risk is acceptable, is acceptable with restrictions, or should be declined based on analysis and evaluation of all information pertinent to the risk within the authority limit guidelines of this position. Risks to be declined must be referred to a more senior underwriter.
- Determining action required to improve risk and recommends restrictions to coverages or revisions to deductibles or premiums based on analysis of the risk.
- Determining appropriate rates, applying applicable discounts, and surcharges and calculates premiums.
- Processing new applications, renewals, revisions, cancellations, and quotes.
- Answering inquiries orally and/or in writing and acting as a technical resource to brokers, insureds, and other employees on policy exclusions, wording, coverages, and premiums.
- Developing correspondence to request information and to explain underwriting requirements and decisions.
- Training and providing guidance to clerical staff.
- Performing quality control checks.
- Testing the accuracy of information systems including updates to the system.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
What We Need From YOU!
- Completion of Grade 12 education.
- Completion of at least one Insurance Institute Course along with a positive commitment towards the completion of the CIP designation, demonstrated by completing two Institute courses per year.
- One-year related insurance experience.
- Knowledge of the rating of policies and related underwriting practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train other employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and brokers in a courteous and positive manner.
WHY SANDBOX MUTUAL INSURANCE?
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. At Sandbox, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This unionized position offers an annual salary range of $47,934 – $73,010, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Underwriter I-III (Farm/Commercial) SP#315 & 316 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. Sandbox Mutual Insurance thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Underwriter I-III (Farm/Commercial) SP#315 & 316 in the subject line to email@example.com.
242 total views, 1 today