Full-Time Underwriter, Commercial Automobile, Property & Casualty – Calgary or Toronto
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Our Managing General Agent (MGA) Portfolio team is looking for a versatile and resourceful underwriter with strong critical thinking capabilities to partner, and support, our valued MGA partners in Calgary or Toronto. The successful candidate is innovative, a self-starter who embraces change, thrives on collaboration, and takes great pride in delivering high quality work.
What you’re responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with MGAs and other key partners through providing excellent customer service, sound advice and expertise when necessary.
- Conducting analysis to determine risk on individual accounts, as well as the overall portfolio.
- Following established company procedures, underwriting guidelines, tools and authority levels, with a focus on target risk appetite and pricing for profit.
- Negotiating coverage and/or rates as applicable, offering creative solutions that offer a cooperative outcome and if not possible, walking away from deals that don’t make sense.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding underwriting authority (including approvals) or technical advice to each MGA partner.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You are open and adaptable to changing conditions with a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- 5- 7 years of underwriting experience in commercial Auto, Property and Casualty insurance.
- Comfortable working with MGAs and other non-broker distribution channels.
- CIP, FCIP or working towards designation.
- Post-Secondary education in related field preferred.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.
How to ApplyApplication Deadline: March 22, 2019 Calgary: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CUMIS&cws=38&rid=2962 Toronto: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CUMIS&cws=38&rid=2963
330 total views, 3 today