Full-Time Underwriter – Aviation
Position Title: Underwriter
Location: Markham, Ontario (Hybrid Office and Home-based working model)
Reporting Relationship: Chief Underwriting Officer (CUO)
Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers (Canada) Limited (“Global Canada” or “Company”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers Limited (“Global”), a world-leading provider of specialist aviation and aerospace insurance, servicing the needs of the aviation industry for over 95 years. Global operates as a Joint Underwriting Agency on behalf of a number of leading Insurance Companies (Insurance Pool members). Global is a full-service agency with authority for underwriting and claims delegated to Global by its participating Pool members.
Purpose of Position:
To produce and service profitable, sustainable aviation insurance business in accordance with the Company underwriting and compliance guidelines.
- Review & evaluate all new and renewal business to determine that it meets Global Canada’s Underwriting standards/guidelines and rating criteria;
- Provide ongoing, expedient professional service and advice for new and renewing customers, utilizing the support of the Underwriting Operations team;
- Build and develop strong, visible professional relationships with aviation insurance brokers and Global Canada clients associated with the assigned book of business and potential new business opportunities, ensuring consistent communication of Global Canada’s Underwriting philosophies and value proposition;
- Assist in the mentoring and development of Underwriting Operations team members;
- Attendance and presentation at Industry conferences and seminars as required; and
- Support, development, and preparation of Global branded marketing materials and thought leadership documents.
- Post-secondary education, Insurance designations (eg CIP or CRM), or other aviation-related qualifications are preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in an aviation insurance underwriting, broking, or a similar specialty insurance or risk management background;
- Knowledge of insurance coverages, policy terminology, etc for Commercial Hull, Commercial Liability, Private Aircraft, and General Liability classes;
- Ability to understand, interpret, communicate and apply underwriting and administrative policies/procedures;
- Strong organization, negotiation, presentation, and customer service skills;
- High attention to detail and capability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in the oral and written communication;
- Ability to promote the open exchange of ideas and information in an open, communicative team-based environment within Global Canada and across the Global Group;
- Ability to work well in a small team, manage conflict, conduct difficult conversations and deal with issues in a positive and courteous manner; and
- Interest or passion for Aviation.
Physical Demands /Working Conditions
- The role is largely performed on a hybrid basis in a standard office environment and home-based working;
- Some stress and performance pressure due to deadlines and “busy seasons”; and
- Frequent travel within Canada and occasional travel to the US.
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- Hybrid remote work flexibility
- A competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits Package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Professional Development Courses & Designations
- 100% tuition reimbursement for business-relevant courses and training
- Flexible paid time off
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Subject line Underwriter.
92 total views, 2 today