Position Title: Underwriter, Yarmouth Mutual Insurance Company
Since 1881, generations of families from across Elgin County have trusted Yarmouth Mutual to provide a full range of insurance solutions including farm, automobile, home and commercial products.
We are dedicated to providing our policyholders with competitively priced insurance products and services, customized to suit every insurance need. Our agents and brokers deliver helpful, friendly service, with the familiar faces of people who live, work and play right in our community.
Our Underwriters play a fundamental role within the company in upholding our reputation as a Mutual that offers exceptional insurance experiences to our Brokers, Agents and members.
This role is responsible for assessing, pricing and accepting risks in accordance with the company’s guidelines and objectives in order to comply with the underwriting standards. This team member maintains existing and new accounts with endorsements, renewals, new business and quoting along with building strong relationships with our agents and broker partners.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintaining current agent/brokers with timely response to inquiries and ensuring clients have the most up to date knowledge of product offerings across personal, farm and commercial lines of business
- Reviewing broker submissions to determine acceptability, determining sufficient writing (pricing), preparing quotes and following underwriting protocols
- Assisting in rating structures for pricing commercial products
- Post-secondary education
- CIP designation or actively pursuing
- Minimum 3 years of experience in property & casualty insurance underwriting
- Exposure to agribusiness accounts is an asset
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience multitasking, prioritizing and working to deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently and within a team
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
What we offer
- Flexible work options to support personal and family needs including flexible hours and work-from-home capabilities
- Comprehensive benefit and pension package
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for professional accreditation
- Supportive workplace culture
How to ApplyTo Apply Interested applicants are encouraged to apply via email to email@example.com and reference Underwriting Opportunity in the subject line. We thank all those who are interested in this opportunity. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact.
190 total views, 5 today