Full-Time Transportation Claims Manager
POSITION: Transportation Claims Manager
LOCATION: 2375 Skymark Ave., Mississauga, ON L4W 4Y6
REPORTING TO: Chief Operating Officer
Jones DesLauriers is hiring for an accomplished Transportation Claims Manager who is a subject matter expert in coverage analysis and interpretation. You will act as a technical resource to both commercial clientele and internal staff on JDIMI’s claim processes. The successful candidate will have previous experience working on claims specifically involving transportation clients.
• Handles all complex claims and claims for key accounts from insureds, internal staff, and insurers in a collaborative and professional manner while providing clear direction on JDIMI’s claim processes and procedures
• Responsible for the risk control and loss prevention of transportation clients
• Establishes a plan of action to achieve a favorable claims resolution while advocating our clients’ interests
• Meets with all key clients to review and discuss claims procedures and open files
• Meets with Insurers for policy reviews and coverage disputes
• Participates in case management on litigation matters for clients with large retentions (this would include pre-trials, mediations and settlement meetings)
• Works collaboratively and keeps Account Managers, Producers, and Executives informed on contentious coverage issues and progress of the claim as it relates to their client
• Conducts thorough follow up of claims through contact with insured’s, insurance companies, independent adjusters, contractors, lawyers, etc.
• Creates Large Loss reports for management on all large, complex or catastrophic losses
• Timely production of reports to oversee development of losses
• Implements best practices contributing to overall profitability and recommend for continual improvements to claims processes
• Reviews and interprets available coverage, recognizing policy types, exclusions and applicable policy triggers
• Reviews client contracts, lease agreements, hold harmless and indemnification clauses
• Determine and obtain the type of required documentation necessary to report claims in accordance with the insurance policy
• Attends claims related and other continuing education seminars to remain abreast of changes in the insurance industry
• Proactively collaborates with our sales team to attract new clients.
• 10+ years of claims experience with 3 to 5 years managing complex files
• RIBO licensed
• CIP or CRM designations an asset
• Proficient in EPIC, MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Strong knowledge of insurance trends, CDN and US laws and regulations
• Collaborative, confident, professional, and composed under pressure
• Proactive approach to problems and issues, working ahead of potential challenges
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, investigative and decision-making skill
• Able to understand and interpret insurance contracts
• High level of organization and excellent attention to detail
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously
• Ability to manage frequent interruptions, emergencies, and emotional Insureds
• Able to respond to clients outside of regular working hours on an emergency basis
• Must be able to travel for work 40% of the time
JDIMI is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to ApplyIf you are interested or know anyone that is interested in the above role please contact Kristin Coulombe directly at email@example.com.
176 total views, 2 today