Full-Time Telephone Claims Adjuster – Auto
Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have approximately 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
TELEPHONE CLAIMS ADJUSTER – AUTO
We currently have an opening for a Telephone Adjuster in Calgary. This role involves investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims arising under the policy. More specifically, the responsibilities would include the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Confirming coverage is in place and applies to reported claims.
- Obtaining recorded statements.
- Verifying entitlement to coverage, determining liability, explaining coverage and claims process to insureds and claimants.
- Calculating entitlements and issuing payments on a timely basis.
- Negotiating total loss settlements, disposal of salvage and documenting all activity.
- Identifying questionable claims.
- Liaising with brokers and underwriters and other industry personnel.
- Arranging repairs and rentals.
- Various other duties as required.
- Ability to negotiate and critical analyze data and be decisive.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to take on challenges.
- Possess highly developed organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree and/or working towards a CIP/FCIP designation would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience dealing with auto claims would be ideal.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and an excellent work life balance are just a couple of the ways we do this.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, submit your resume to via email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
49 total views, 1 today