“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada’s leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Vancouver office is located near the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. A world renowned urban centre boasting beautiful scenery, plus proximity to shopping and dining, Vancouver also offers the possibility of endless adventures for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. Our office is easily accessible by car, public transit, or even by bicycle.
The Technical Assistant (TA) is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to assigned underwriting files in accordance with established guidelines and business objectives in the achievement of national standards for data quality and service levels.
Provide effective technical, administrative and clerical support to assigned underwriting files.
- Perform data entry, data calculations/computations, and generate reports using a variety of business systems.
- Perform necessary calculations and update accounting records.
- Process all cancellations and policy reinstatements accurately and timely in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepare files for underwriting review by performing final screening and pre-coding, and attaching any required underwriting documentation.
- Maintain all electronic and paper filing for assigned underwriting files.
Communicate successfully with underwriters and brokers for verification and qualification of information and to request information required to be part of the underwriting file
- Examine applications, endorsements, and renewals for completeness and accuracy.
- Edit, verify, and identify policy errors and notify the appropriate parties.
- Identify trends in service issues and communicate to management.
Promptly respond and investigate underwriting, broker and policy holder service requests and other various correspondences.
- Process internal and other correspondences and requests received by the underwriting department (this may include, but is not limited to, error reports, sorting and distributing mail, and follow-ups).
- Confirm experience with prior carriers, draft experience letters, document information on the system and refer files to underwriter as required.
- Interpret customer service requests and gather relevant information to allow for quick and accurate processing of inquiries.
Familiarize and apply best business practices towards national service and quality standards and policies.
Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in an office environment (preferably in the property and casualty Insurance industry)
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Competence with Microsoft Office components is an asset.
- Actively pursuing CIP designation an asset
Northbridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online atwww.nbfc.com