Full-Time Technical Assistant
Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 13,000 members across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection. Professional financial advisors and planners are critical to the economy, helping consumers make sound financial decisions that ultimately lead to greater financial stability and independence. Advocis works with decision-makers and the public, stressing the value of financial advice and striving for an environment in which all Canadians have access to the advice they need. For more information about Advocis visit our website at myadvocis.ca.
Advocis Broker Services Inc. (ABS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Financial Advisors Association of Canada. Advocis Broker Services Inc was established to serve the needs of financial institutions, financial advisors, and financial planners in Canada. For more information about ABS visit our website at Advocis Broker Services.
We are seeking a Technical Assistant to join our ABS team. The successful candidate will provide direct administrative and technical support to the work of Advocis Broker Services. We are seeking someone with a keen attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment. This is a fulltime permanent position.
- A collaborative work environment with opportunities for professional growth and career development
- A competitive salary, flexible vacation, and paid sick leave
- Great benefits: extended health, dental, life, disability and pension
- Centrally located office space, with an amazing view of Lake Ontario (although we are currently working remotely)
- Provide general administrative and technical support to the ABS team
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and provide assistance with issues such as, account access, invoicing, and policy documents
- Assist with data entry and ensure the appropriate filing of client records
- Follow operating procedures related to file and record maintenance
- Organize source documents and determine appropriate next steps
- Support the ABS team by processing and amending documents within the established authority level
- Ensure the accurate and timely issuance of client documentation
- Work with team members on ad-hoc projects and requests
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and documentation standards
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years brokerage experience working in an administrative or support role
- Completion of a college or equivalent post-secondary business degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- RIBO License or willingness to obtain RIBO is an asset
- Familiarity with EPIC is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage work under pressure
- Curiosity and a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and skill development
- Sound judgment, tact, discretion, diplomacy, and professionalism
How to ApplyInterested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Thursday June 17,2021. We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise human resources when contacted, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
177 total views, 4 today