Full-Time Team Lead, Business Operations
What’s the ask?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Operations, this position will be responsible for providing day to day supervision of an administration team. This position will also support project management across the organization and work with all departments on process improvement.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the department staff members.
- Set policies and procedures for training, coaching, counseling, and career development for the team
- Initiate and coordinate goals, deadlines, and projects
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve operations and function of the department.
- Coach and mentor the business operations team with the guidance and support of the Senior Manger Business Operations
- Develop and support an effective team who will contribute to the achievement of business goals and targets
- Review and analyze allocation of tasks to staff
- Co-ordinate training
- Discuss and resolve complex problems
- Remain knowledgeable of workload distribution across team to support resourcing for/from other locations
- Communicate cross functional best practices
- Think creatively and be a change agent
- Attend conference calls and meetings as needed with vendors and internal departments
What does it take?
- Previous experience implementing operations processes
- Experience in managing projects in cross functional teams
- Understanding of business principals for Privacy, Business Continuity etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for Commercial, Personal or Group Benefits Insurance
- Experience in developing and delivering effective training sessions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Comfortable dealing with customers and company personnel at various levels
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal
- Strong coaching and effective leadership skills
- Outstanding project management and computer skills
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplyAre you interested? Send in your cover letter and resume to share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
106 total views, 1 today