Full-Time Surety Advisor
Petrela, Winter & Associates (PWA), a Navacord Company, is one of the premiere construction focused brokerages in Canada and is committed to offering only the best commercial insurance and surety experience for its discriminating client base.
Recognizing that human capital is a key driver to success and a competitive edge in today’s performance-based economy, we encourage an environment that supports professional, personal, technical and social development. We invest in the education of our people to further develop their talent and ensure every broker is equipped with the skills required to be successful. Our employees are some of the most knowledgeable brokers in the industry in the construction field, providing comprehensive insurance and surety advice to allow our clients to make informed buying decisions. As a PWA colleague, you can expect to benefit from mentorship by seasoned and passionate professionals; working with like-minded, results-driven team members, extraordinary clients, and being associated with a highly esteemed brand. PWA offers progressive hybrid work solutions for its employees.
Petrela, Winter & Associates is hiring a Surety Advisor reporting to the Vice President, Surety Practice Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing elite level customer service and advisory services to a portfolio of construction surety accounts, within a strongly collaborative and team based environment. The role includes servicing day to day client needs, developing deep market relationships, and selectively targeting new business.
- Provide elite level customer service to an assigned portfolio of accounts
- Act as a subject matter expert for the Surety Bonding practice
- Provide innovative solutions to customer requirements
- Proactively manage the surety facility requirements of the assigned portfolio
- Collaborate with other team members, in both the surety and insurance departments, in a professional and solution oriented fashion
- Professionally represent the company at industry events, associations, and with our surety company partners
- Meet with clients in underwriting and prospecting meetings as required by the role
- Develop and pursue a business development strategy within the support framework provided by the company
- Minimum of 3 years Surety underwriting or brokerage experience
- RIBO, ACSB, CAIB and CIP designations are well received, but not required
- A strong communicator, both written and oral
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills (specifically financial analysis)
- Ability to influence others in a co-operative manner
- Works well both in a group environment and autonomously
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to ApplyQualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
20 total views, 3 today