Full-Time Supervisor, Claims – Property Farm (Alberta, Remote or Hybrid)
We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role, you can decide whether your preference is to work from home (remote), work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both. You may work from any of the following locations: Alberta, must be available to work 8:00 am to 4:30 pm MST (Alberta region hours).
The Claims Supervisor, Farm contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by providing leadership to the claims team, focusing on the achievement of key business goals and customer experience. Must be available to work 8:00 am to 4:30 pm MST (Alberta region hours).
- Coach and mentor staff on best practices to support to our policy holders throughout the life of the claim, by providing exceptional customer experience delivered with empathy
- Proactively attract, retain, and develop top talent, recruitment of talent and manage a team to optimal performance
- Onboarding and training of new staff and succession planning
- Effective retention planning; proactively manage and respond to turnover
- Manage staff performance, coordinate, and supervise daily activities of claims team, reviewing successes and opportunities and coaching staff to meet organizational, team and individual goals
- Manage service levels by organizing, distributing, monitoring workflow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity as guided by corporate policies, procedures and business plans
- Maintain excellent knowledge and understanding of policy coverages, regional regulatory requirements and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) practices, including application and communication.
- Provide direction and leadership in areas such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations and establishing reserves for claims
- Conduct monthly review of claims files and coach team to strive for continuous improvement and development by setting and tracking individual and team performance objectives
- Conduct or contribute to employee development, and employee performance management through coaching and following up on the development of technical competencies
- Maintaining an effective and current employee performance record’s documenting your one-on-one meetings each month
- Hold regular team meetings and huddles
- Take full responsibility for the results of your team, how they contribute to the overall company’s performance and understand the consequence and impact of key decisions you make
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
- Attend technical upgrading courses and keep up to date with industry advancements such as property repair procedures and materials. Understanding of Provincial and National Building Codes along with a solid understanding of residential and commercial construction terminology, techniques, and best practices.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to develop and deliver training, supporting the development of others.
- Perform other duties as required
- 5 + years progressive insurance adjusting experience
- College /University degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation and a desire to continue relevant industry education (FCIP, etc.)
- Excellent customer experience skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Excellent knowledge of habitational, farm and commercial policies
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Exceptional investigative, analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of property estimating software, Xactware knowledge preferred
- Self driven with a strong commitment to ongoing education, development and learning
- Farm knowledge is an asset
Wawanesa is proud to be one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2022 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work!
How to ApplyPlease submit an application online at: https://jobs.wawanesa.com/job-invite/5723/
291 total views, 1 today