|EVEREST INSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA
SPORTS & LEISURE COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER
Everest Insurance Company of Canada (“Everest Canada”) is a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Group”). The Group is a Bermuda-based global reinsurer and insurer with over US$20 billion in assets and US$5 billion in annual gross written premium across all business platforms. Everest Canada was re-established in 2011 to serve the specialty commercial lines property and casualty insurance market in Canada, and has over C$120 million in assets and is experiencing strong growth.
Everest Canada is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our Company in the position of Sports & Leisure Commercial Underwriter.
As a key member of our Sports & Leisure team and reporting to the Manager of the department, you will work alongside the underwriting team on P&C accounts throughout all Provinces. You will be accountable for all facets of renewal and new business production.
- Have a full understanding of corporate underwriting philosophies, authority and guidelines.
- Underwrite/analyze new business for risk profitability by assessing exposures and hazards as determined by review of underwriting data, claims, financial and engineering data.
- Underwrite renewal business according to current underwriting approach and philosophy in a service oriented environment, ensuring high renewal retention.
- Maintain the long term profitability of a portfolio of accounts, within the bounds of internal underwriting guidelines and individual underwriting authority. This includes the ability to successfully negotiate terms, conditions and pricing to achieve new business, renewal and profitability targets.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with contracted producers including solicitation of new business opportunities and participate in production trips and corporate functions for marketing purposes as required.
- Assist in the development and coordination of product and marketing efforts.
SKILLS REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three to five (3 -5) years of progressive commercial underwriting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Property & Casualty underwriting, with a dedication to self-improvement and development.
- Experience underwriting the following sectors is an asset:
- Amateur, semi-professional and professional sports
- Leisure and recreational industries
- Adventure tourism, resorts and related occupancies
- E&O and D&O lines of coverage
- Experience in contingency lines of coverage including event cancellation and non-appearance is a distinct asset.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with brokers and provide superior service.
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with peers.
- Strong prioritization skills to meet daily demand and deadlines to meet all service requirements.
- CIP designation or actively working towards completion of CIP courses.
- Bilingualism (French and English) a very strong asset.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
||Everest Insurance Company of Canada
|External Link (URL):
||Visit the Web site
Posted By:Human Resources (Reply to this ad)
||Toronto, Ontario, Canada
||Ontario - Toronto
8652 total views, 2 today