Full-Time Specialty Lines Specialist
The Specialty Lines Specialist contributes to Wawanesa’s success by supporting our strategies and initiatives that develop and maintain products, underwriting policies and rates in the specialty commercial lines department. They will support the team to drive profitable growth through national programs, broker underwriting authorities and managing general underwriters across distribution channels.
Responsibilities include analyzing the acceptability of specialty lines business within company guidelines by working collaboratively with various stakeholders, and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
*Considering candidates located in major cities in MB, BC, ON, AB, NB*
- Support the analysis and documentation of programs, broker underwriting authorities and managing general underwriter partnerships to ensure that appropriate premiums are charged.
- Lead research and development initiatives to provide innovative and competitive products to meet our customer needs for specialty commercial lines.
- Present specialty lines training programs to a variety of audiences.
- Share knowledge and best practices with stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain specialty lines underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Provide risk acceptance approvals to regional underwriters while sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Develop and enhance productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support regional underwriting specialty lines audits and reviews to ensure consistency and find areas for improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of seven years Property and Casualty industry experience
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Completion of CIP or an equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of contract construction for insurance partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience and present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines, and cost estimates
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to develop quality standards
- Able and willing to travel, as needed
How to ApplyWawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume: https://jobs.wawanesa.com/job/Vancouver-Specialty-Lines-Specialist-Brit-V6J-4Y3/535880917/?locale=en_US Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.
98 total views, 4 today