Full-Time Specialist – Energy Underwriting
SPECIALIST – ENERGY UNDERWRITING
You would be a good fit if you:
- are ethical, proactive, resourceful, strategic, analytical, questioning and curious
- are an excellent communicator / negotiator who can develop solutions,
solve problems, earn respect and build and sustain relationships while
making appropriate, and profitable, underwriting decisions
- would be considered to be respectful, supportive and collaborative with team members and business partners
- have a solid Commercial Casualty underwriting background with
experience handling large, or risk managed, energy risks
- To utilize specialized underwriting skills, a high level of authority, good business acumen and current market knowledge to analyze new and existing complex accounts within the energy portfolio.
- To provide excellent customer service while building relationships with
clients / customers.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus 5 or more years of
experience in underwriting energy risks. Bachelors Degree preferred
- The ability to work closely with, and understand, Risk Services staff on requirements, procedures and recommendations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working under time restraints on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer or site calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Negotiate terms & conditions and close deals.
- Cross-sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
- Participate in sales team meetings as related to assigned brokers a/o territory.
- Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of
- opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
- Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
- Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
- Develop strong broker and client networks as related to targeted market segments
- Calculate target price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
- Measure exposure/analyze risk.
- Initiate product development ideas.
- Assist in training and developing staff.
- Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
- Contribute to development of underwriting manuals, programs and guidelines.
- Approve / place facultative purchases
- Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current brokers
- Promote the organization’s products and services in order to increase penetration with targeted brokerages
- Ensure the successful completion of projects by maintaining continuing
dialogue with business unit sponsors during implementation of major
- Diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique business unit and customer problems
- Lead complex technical or long-term (over 6 months) business projects to implement new or changed systems, programs or products Investigate, recommend and implement leading edge technical solutions when they meet customer needs
- Business travel, as required
How to ApplyContact Carla Blackmore at 416-465-2931 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
296 total views, 1 today