Full-Time Software Developer III
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
REPORTS TO: Manager, Application Delivery
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a member of the Application Delivery team, you will have a background working with a wide range of stakeholders to solve varying business problems. The Senior Software Developer is responsible for various Guidewire, support/analysis, and testing tasks that support the SDLC. The ideal candidate must have relevant software development education, and a minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably within insurance and the Guidewire InsuranceSuite platform.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Support the Business Analysts with research on appropriate Guidewire solutions and identification of coding issues.
- Guidewire configuration and integration development using GOSU with the Guidewire Suite.
- Integrating the Guidewire Suite using Web Services, file-based integration, and database integrations.
- Configuring the Guidewire Toolset including UI and Rulesets.
- Review and contribute to solutions ensuring that solutions follow Guidewire’s best practices.
- Collaboration in a team environment working with internal and external vendor resources, including an offshore team to communicate and clarify requirements and review solutions and help to ensure overall quality of the delivered code
- Provide production support to business users.
- Bridge business requirements and IT solutions with demonstrated subject matter expertise in the functional areas of Underwriting, Claims, Billing, and Finance to ensure compliance with best practices.
- Provide analytical support for critical corporate initiatives including business function support for significant business areas, process improvement projects, and complex product installations.
- Assist in systems and business process support with customers and vendors.
- Act as technical support and a liaison to troubleshoot code and performance issues.
- Support the Manager, Application Delivery with mentoring and development of the DEV team and ensure effective communication between team members and other IT functional areas.
- Develop and execute unit tests and provide guidance to the functional testing of delivered code.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Programming.
Contribute to Continuous Improvements
- Develop and maintain any necessary functional SOPs. (Standard Operating Procedures);
- Apply Lean values and practices in exercising the duties of this position.
- Activities are to be performed with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Emphasis is required around the protection and security of corporate information and assets.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in solution architecture, application design and support, systems analysis and data mapping.
- Working knowledge and experience in the insurance industry with Guidewire and Guidewire Accelerators is considered an asset.
- Experience with Agile and project software such Atlassian products, Microsoft products and Rally.
- Guidewire Associate Certification is required, and Ace Certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Gosu, SQL Server, IntelliJ Studio, Java, SVN, Git, Web Services, XML, SoapUI
- Exposure to web application development and web services
- Familiarity with version control concepts.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration an asset.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks and querying concepts.
- Lean certifications considered an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical, prioritization, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in business and user-friendly language.
- Process driven with ability to document, maintain and adhere to standards, procedures, and processes.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs and priorities.
- Experience coordinating a variety of project tasks, such as prioritizing and planning work activities, setting appropriate deadlines to complete activities accordingly, and effectively managing time and resources while ensuring project artifacts and deliverables meet business needs and are completed and signed off:
- Highly motivated work ethic and able to be self-directed to complete tasks.
- High attention to detail and quality standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting email@example.com or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).
How to ApplyApply online at: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/redrivermutual/Posting/View/868 We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).
127 total views, 3 today