Full-Time Senior Underwriter, Property
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 42,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. As an industry leader, we provide a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story. We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.
MRSI is seeking a Senior Underwriter specializing in Property.
Under the direction of the Director, MRSI Canada & Specialist Property Underwriting, and within the underwriting authority delegated, the Senior Underwriter, Property is responsible for the underwriting and marketing of Property business including Boiler & Machinery and Course of Construction, for MRSI Portfolio clients within the territorial jurisdiction of MRSI Canada.
- Risk assessment, PML evaluation, rating, and coverage analysis of portfolio property risks within the limits and current underwriting guidelines as established and authorized by MRSI Canada / Temple Insurance
- Authorizes and accepts property risks, including Boiler & Machinery and Course of Construction, within the authority delegated by the Senior Vice President, MRSI Canada.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise on the MR pricing programs.
- Refers all risks outside of your level of authority and/or expertise of underwriting for approval to the Director and/or Specialist Property or in her/his absence, Senior Vice President, MRSI Canada.
- Offers alternative structures, terms and conditions on risks/accounts which are presented at terms less than acceptable to Munich Re.
- Provides information and advice to underwriters on matters within your competence.
- Reviews and assesses engineering reports on technically difficult new and/or existing accounts prior to submission to the Assistant Vice President, Engineering, Temple.
- Reviews and approves manuscript policy wordings (draft or final) and provides the client underwriter on any noted deficiencies with recommendations and/or comments for wording improvement.
- Assesses and approves risk changes on existing accounts.
- Performs reviews on our property book and Temple’s Property MGA portfolio when delegated.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with Temple contacts through written/verbal communication and scheduled visits.
- Advises of new sources of business that fits into the business plan of MRSI Canada.
- Promotes Munich Re’s services and facilities.
- Prepares department’s quarterly Action Plan reports, and other reports as may be assigned.
- Monitors market conditions and the activities of Munich Re’s existing and potential clients.
- Prepares and performs presentations/seminars for our clients as directed by Director, MRSI Canada.
- Ensures that timely and efficient service is provided to our clients through personal contact and correspondence with underwriters.
- Keeps the Director, MRSI Canada, informed of your business activities.
- Ensures files, records and documents are purged, up-to-date, orderly and easily accessible.
- Keeps up to date with the MR pricing programs.
- Prepares reports as may be required.
- Provides input and/or suggestions to improve the underwriting worksheets, on-line systems and department procedures.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Work closely with MGA Team leaders.
- Maintains business rapport with existing MGAs through market visits and develops new desirable sources of business.
- Handles and documents all special acceptances and performs/ documents underwriting reviews.
- Markets and promotes the products and services of Temple to existing and potential MGA customers.
- Utilizes other companies in our global community to provide special solutions to our MGA needs where prior approval is given.
- Monitors market conditions and the activities of Temple’s existing and potential MGAs and reports to Management as required.
- Ensures that fast and efficient service is provided to clients. Keeps the Heads of department informed of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of underwriting personal & commercial accounts preferred
- AIIC or CIP preferred
- Experience in marketing and customer service
How to ApplyPlease apply online: https://munichre-jobs.com/en/MunichRe/job/65540-senior-underwriter-property?template=MunichRe&sortitem=id&sortdirection=DESC&format=cards&lang=en&widget=0&filter
204 total views, 4 today