Full-Time Senior Underwriter, MGA Portfolio – Montreal, QC
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Our Managing General Agent (MGA) Portfolio team is looking for an adaptable and performance focused underwriter with strong critical thinking capabilities and strategic expertise to support our valued MGA partners. The successful candidate is a self-starter who embraces change, communicates in an open and direct manner, thrives on collaboration, and takes great pride in delivering high quality work. The ability to make decisions and problem solve with the strong sense of urgency and accountability, while managing your workload in an efficient and organized manner is vital.
What you’re responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining and strengthening mutually beneficial relationships with MGA and delegated authority business partners via excellent communication skills and negotiating expertise.
- Following established company guidelines with a focus on delivering profitability.
- Conducting analysis to determine risk and financial performance on individual accounts, as well as the overall portfolio.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding underwriting authority (including approvals) or technical advice to each MGA and delegated authority partner.
- Participating in the audit process for MGA and delegated authority partners.
- Working collaboratively with other teams from Sovereign Specialty Lines Solutions, Commercial Solutions and Strategic Resource Group, where appropriate, to support the development of business opportunities.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will travel occasionally.
- You may handle sensitive information where a high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You are open and adaptable to changing conditions with a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- 5- 10 years of underwriting experience in commercial Auto, Property and Casualty insurance.
- Comfortable working with MGAs and other non-broker distribution channels.
- CIP, FCIP or working towards designation.
- Post-Secondary education in related field preferred.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.
How to ApplyYour next steps: To learn more about the impact you can make. Apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd! To apply: www.SovereignInsurance.ca Application deadline: November 11, 2019 The Sovereign General Insurance Company is a trusted source of risk solutions for Canadian businesses. Operating in six offices across Canada, Sovereign is a leader in empowered underwriting in commercial and specialty insurance operations. Sovereign is proud to carry an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and to be recognized once again with Aon Hewitt Gold Level Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2017. Canadian owned and operated since 1953, Sovereign is a part of The Co‑operators group of companies, a leading Canadian provider of multi-line insurance products with assets of more than $14.5 billion. Why choose Sovereign? We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and encourage a positive work/life balance. We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities. We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart. For more information, please visit: Sovereign Insurance.
470 total views, 1 today