Full-Time Senior Underwriter – Commercial Lines
We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role, you can decide whether your preference is to work from home (remote), work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both. You may work from any of the following location: Ontario.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is Canada’s largest mutual insurer, with $3.9 billion in annual revenue and assets of $10.5 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Western Canada. With more than 5,700 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million policyholders in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes for 2022. This certification recognizes us as a leading employer and reinforces that we’re a company that values our people for who they are and the work they do to support our customers, communities, and brokers. Wawanesa is also a Manitoba Top Employer for 2022 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
Working under minimal supervision, the Underwriter Sr. – Commercial Lines is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of complex and high premium volume business according to company guidelines by working collaboratively with our sales force and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Arrange reinsurance or subscribing companies where appropriate.
- Determine eligibility for policy renewals based on guidelines and retention goals of the company.
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
- Communicate decisions, and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Act as a subject matter expert for insurance policies, processes, regulations and audit.
- Mentor and train less experienced team members.
- Participate in periodic work reviews for quality assurance purposes.
- Support the development and implementation of business change.
- Ensure efficient handling of work assignments, including calls.
- Influence team members in a positive manner, and provide short term direction effectively working towards team goals.
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five years Property and Casualty industry experience.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience.
- Completed or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to review information carefully and comprehensively.
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a convincing manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and implement solutions.
- Adapts to change and performs effectively under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and monitor progress to meet deadlines.
How to ApplyApply online at the link below https://jobs.wawanesa.com/job/Remote-Canada-Senior-Underwriter-Commercial-Lines/566282317/
259 total views, 1 today