Full-Time Senior Risk Control Consultant
Reporting to the Director, Risk Control Navacord Ontario, this role is primarily responsible for the execution of the Loss Control Visits and Risk Management program training on a local and national scale.
- Performing loss control assessments: Analyzing and management of in force risks, pre-inspection of prospective risks and risk management for all new business accounts identifying potential risks and hazards that may lead to loss.
- Use of the software or platform for the creation of professional Loss Control reports.
- Broker & Client presentations on Loss Control and Underwriting topics including industry trends, results.
- Attend and set up of Trade shows across the country representing Navacord broker partners with the specific goal of growth of the organization.
- Working within budgets to align with the corporate allocation.
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience of dealer principals with specific emphasis on Risk Quality and Loss Prevention.
- Explaining and communicating any external risk to stakeholders.
- Working with Risk Managers for larger client groups, the creation of business continuity plans to limit or mitigate risk.
- Ensure timely follow up with clients of serious/important loss control recommendations, reporting to management / underwriting immediately of any non-compliance.
- While working in a team environment, provide exceptional service to your assigned brokers and their portfolio.
- Communicate results, outstanding issues, national industry trends and business opportunities to the Director, Risk Control.
- Build strong relationships with our key brokers working with them to generate new business opportunities.
- Provide support for special projects and any other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of Commercial Loss Control and Risk Management experience
- University Engineering degree / College diploma in Fire Protection Engineering or relevant experience to the satisfaction of the Director, Risk Control
- CRM Designation or working towards is an asset
- Industry specific experience
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience working in both property/casualty risk. Automobile Dealership / Garage lines and programs experience is an asset.
- Exceptional knowledge of Commercial underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Management principals.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage time, scheduling, and report creation.
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel to conduct Loss Control Inspections up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely both independently and within a team environment.
- G class drivers license with clean driving record.
Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply.
How to ApplyQualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
42 total views, 1 today