Full-Time Senior Residential Underwriter
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Residential Underwriter evaluates policy applications, endorsements and renewals and then applies underwriting methodology while ensuring a high level of customer service to our broker network. This position is also required to develop high levels of subject matter expertise and provide leadership to other Underwriters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assess policy applications, endorsements and renewals
- Assess and accept risks that fall within the Company’s underwriting guidelines
- Apply effective pricing and underwriting practices
- Mentor and answer questions of less experienced staff within their department
- Assist in training other Underwriters as required
- Assist the Residential Underwriting Supervisors as required
- Responsible for working within their increased approved binding authority
- Cultivate relationships with brokers
- Analyze portfolio and provide recommendations to Residential Underwriting Supervisors
- Participate in training and development opportunities
- Participate in insurance industry and broker events
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education considered an asset.
- CIP designation or working towards is considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years Underwriting experience.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office program suite
- Experience in customer service
How to ApplyPlease apply online through our career portal at https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/
308 total views, 3 today