Full-Time Senior Property & Casualty Underwriter
TriPoint, a division of Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc., is hiring for a Senior Underwriter in our Property and Casualty division. The incumbent will report to the President and may also take direction from other Sr. Managers.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for preparing and processing new business, renewal and endorsements for all Tripoint contracts, work with the London broker as needed and complete tasks that are administrative in nature to enhance the team’s effectiveness.
- Analyze moderate to complex requests for quotes, renewals, policy changes and recommend innovative solutions
- Implement and exercise sales techniques in order to successfully bind and retain new business and renewals
- Underwrite new business and renewals/endorsements for an assigned field of brokers to achieve an underwriting profit
- Perform risk assessments and determine pricing for new business, renewals and endorsements for property and casualty accounts.
- Evaluate and underwrite new business and renewals
- Perform file reviews for renewals to ensure that pricing and underwriting criteria fit within the parameters of our Lloyd’s contracts
- Deal directly with the London Broker in the placing of business, that needed to be referred to our syndicates, or for risks that needed to be placed in the open market at Lloyd’s Of London
- Work on account premiums from as little as $1,000 up to $150,000 plus
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events in support of broker relationship development.
- Provide technical advice, mentoring and coaching to team members
- Facilitate training and presentations to team members and brokers as subject matter expert.
- Provide excellent customer service to set brokers and accountability obtaining regional targets
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial underwriting experience in the southern Ontario insurance marketplace
- Knowledge of commercial property and liability, with E&O experience is an asset
- Ideal candidate will have specific experience dealing with brokers while underwriting for a top insurance company
- Superb interpersonal skills, a strong team player and detail oriented
- Solid experience with rating and underwriting procedures
- Firm understanding of insurance industry terminology
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, EPIC, Outlook & Word, Policy Works.
- Strong understanding with rating and underwriting procedures
- R.I.B.O is considered an asset and working towards C.I.P. designation
TriPoint , a division of JDIMI, is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply.
How to ApplyInterested candidates can apply by sending their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
49 total views, 3 today