Full-Time Senior/Intermediate Casualty Underwriter
HDI Global SE is a member of the Talanx Group. With premium income of EUR 34.9 billion (2018) and about 20,800 employees, Talanx is one of the major European insurance groups. The Group operates as a multi-brand provider with a focus on B2B insurance in over 150 countries around the world. HDI Global SE is the Industrial Lines Division of the group. In 2018 GWP was over EUR 4.6 billion and the company employed 3,000+.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team in Canada as a Senior/Intermediate Casualty Underwriter. Reporting to the Casualty Manager, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities in addition to good negotiation and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal Casualty business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines.
- Providing superior service to our brokers and clients at all stages of the underwriting process.
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives.
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring proper file documentation and accuracy of policy documents.
- Conducting broker/client presentations and marketing activities.
- Enhancing our brand visibility by participating in Industry events, socials, conferences etc.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- 3+ years of work experience in underwriting casualty risks and a willingness to learn
- Technical knowledge of casualty wordings and underwriting methods.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Completion of or actively pursuing insurance courses would be an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
How to ApplyHDI Global SE Canada Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note we will be contacting only those candidates selected for interviews. Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
163 total views, 2 today