Full-Time Senior Finance Decision Support Analyst – Calgary
At Sovereign Insurance, we believe your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Our Finance Decision Support team is looking for a Senior Finance Decision Support Analyst to join our team in Calgary. Our knowledgeable team educates and influences the organization to make well-informed, risk-based decisions. We think innovatively and strategically to solve business problems and strive to move our business forward to ensure organizational success.
What you’re responsible for:
- Providing consultative services to support decisions made by internal business units and senior management through the use of reporting and the analysis and interpreting of data.
- Analyze and interpret data as part of monthly and quarterly reporting processes.
- Performing variance and trend analysis and provide recommendations for improvement for management.
- Support the annual planning process.
- Applying advanced Accounting knowledge to assist with ad-hoc Accounting tasks, policy research, implementation of new Accounting standards and training.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- This role operates in English.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You will support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline.
- Professional Accounting designation such as CPA or equivalent would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Insurance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting.
What we Offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.
How to ApplyYour next steps: To learn more about the impact you can make. Apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd! To apply: www.SovereignGeneral.com Application deadline: February 21, 2019 The Sovereign General Insurance Company is a trusted source of risk solutions for Canadian businesses. Operating in six offices across Canada, Sovereign is a leader in empowered underwriting in commercial and specialty insurance operations. Sovereign is proud to carry an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and to be recognized once again with Aon Hewitt Gold Level Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2017. Canadian owned and operated since 1953, Sovereign is a part of The Co‑operators group of companies, a leading Canadian provider of multi-line insurance products with assets of more than $14.5 billion. Why choose Sovereign?
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and encourage a positive work/life balance.
- We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart.
427 total views, 2 today