Full-Time Senior Commercial Broker; Energy Centre of Excellence [CoE] – Calgary, AB
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Commercial Broker; Energy Centre of Excellence [CoE]
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Energy Centre of Excellence within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Calgary, AB. As a Senior Commercial Broker, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President and Energy CoE Broking Leader.
Your Impact As A Senior Commercial Broker; Energy Centre of Excellence [CoE]
As a Senior Commercial Broker with Aon’s Energy Centre of Excellence in Calgary, AB, you will negotiate with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients. This role will verify the accuracy of all policies and documentation with the agreed negotiated terms and conditions.
- Collaborating with Account Executives to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
- Analyzing client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; preparing and presenting marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
- Establishing, and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
- Negotiating with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients;
- Verifying all policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance with terms and conditions;
- Following up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
- Approving documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
- Providing leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing the importance of best practices;
- Supporting the development and implementation of the energy broking strategy; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of commercial Insurance, Marketing or Broking experience required;
- Proven negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Ten (10) plus years of commercial Marketing or Broking experience would be preferred;
- Previous Broking or Marketing experience within the Energy space is preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License required;
- Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) 3 preferred, or a willingness to obtain;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to ApplyInterested parties are asked to apply via Aon's Careers Page at: http://jobs.aon.com/aon/senior-commercial-broker-energy-centre-excellence-coe-calgary-ab
396 total views, 1 today