Contract Senior Claims Examiner
Our client, based in Toronto, is seeking a Senior Bodily Injury Adjuster who will work on a contract basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of complex bodily injury claims for large retail clients. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves.
- Exercise proper judgment and decision-making to analyse the claims exposure, determine the proper course of action, and settle the claim in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Interact extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organise activities, serve clients, negotiate fairly, communicate effectively, and embrace new challenges.
- Handle claims in a manner that is consistent with our clients’ and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Document and communicate all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices with respect to adjusting bodily injury claims.
- Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
- Ability to effectively operate a personal computer and related claims and business software.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Five to ten years of commercial claims experience in the areas of bodily injury, automobile, and general liability.
- Fully-licensed as an independent adjuster in the Province of Ontario.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an asset but is not a requirement
- College/University degree of equivalent work experience preferred.
- Partial or completed CIP.
Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work in conjunction with, and in support of, all management, supervisory and staff positions.
8876 total views, 3 today