|“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada’s leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
The Senior Adjuster is responsible for providing efficient and prompt investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of larger size and/or moderately complex claims in accordance with corporate guidelines and best practices.
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims of larger size and/or moderate complexity in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient payment of claims.
- Adhere to service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved.
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting in order to meet business goals.
- Assist Manager with preparing/completing monthly statistical reports.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls
- Mentor and train less experienced claims and support staff.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisors and/or Managers on special projects and assignments when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 5-7 years commercial lines claims adjusting experience examining complex claims.
- Previous commercial auto claims adjusting experience required.
- Working knowledge of the company principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation an asset.
Northbridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.nbfc.com