Full-Time Senior Casualty Underwriter
HDI Global SE is a member of the Talanx Group. With premium income of EUR 39.5 billion (2019) and approximately 23,000+ employees, Talanx is one of Europe’s major insurance groups. The Group operates as a multi-brand provider, with a focus on B2B insurance, in over 150 countries around the world.
HDI Global SE is the Industrial Lines Division of the Group. In 2019, HDI Global SE’s GWP was over EUR 4.5 billion, and the Company employed 2,900+ personnel.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team in Canada as a Senior Casualty Underwriter. Reporting to the Casualty Manager, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities, exceptional negotiation and communication skills, and a passion for Excellence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal Casualty business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines.
- Providing superior service to our brokers and clients at all stages of the underwriting process.
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives.
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring proper file documentation and accuracy of policy documents.
- Providing timely reports/information to Casualty Manager and Executives as required.
- Conducting broker and client presentations and marketing activities
- Enhancing our brand visibility by participating in Industry events, socials, conferences etc.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- 8+ years of work experience in underwriting casualty risks and a willingness to learn.
- Very strong technical knowledge of casualty wordings and underwriting methods.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Completion of or actively pursuing insurance courses would be an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in Use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
How to ApplyTo apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will be contacting only those candidates who are selected for interviews. HDI Global SE Canada Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities; and, in compliance with all applicable human rights legislation, the Company will arrange for candidates to be provided with appropriate accommodation in the application and interview process.
258 total views, 2 today