Full-Time Senior Casualty Underwriter
Our highly reputable Insurance Company Client is growing in Canada and seeks a high calibre, results oriented, senior Casualty underwriter to join our Casualty Underwriting team.
Utilizing your broad network of relationships at key broking houses, extensive knowledge of the Canadian commercial lines marketplace, and strong technical underwriting expertise in the upper middle market, large corporate primary liability risk segments, you will have a key role in the development, implementation, and successful execution of our strategic plan for Casualty in Canada. As a market facing underwriter you have a penchant for being out in the market, developing a robust pipeline of profitable growth business opportunities.
You will be instrumental to the successful build out and launch of our primary General Liability platform in Canada. This will include collaborating with internal stakeholders pertaining to the development of our underwriting risk appetite, policy wordings, distribution strategy, and enabling infrastructure, all to ensure we are equipped for success.
As well, you will participate in the underwriting of Lead Umbrella and Excess Liability in the large to mid-sized Canadian Corporates segments, and assist in the development of any new product offering initiatives.
Your performance will be evaluated based on what was accomplished and how it was achieved such as premium written, number of quotes issued, price adequacy, client centricity, broker relationships, and teamwork.
Key tasks will involve:
· Representing Company Corporate Solutions Canada, have regular contact with brokers and clients involving our Casualty lines of business
· Building and sustaining a Casualty book of business through new business and renewal opportunities
· Analyzing and assessing technical insurability regarding exposures and coverages on new and renewal submissions. Preparing quotations, structuring casualty programs and offering proposals in accordance with guidelines
· Closely working with the local team and using resources elsewhere in the Group (Products/Risk Engineering /Claims Management/Actuaries)
· Negotiating final terms & conditions with the broker in line with the business plan and corporate guidelines requirements
· Contributing to the operational needs of the Team – individual and divisional
· Entering and maintaining risk information into the various systems and administering the accounts
· Supporting multiline Canada sales planning and execution with the sales team
· Providing input into planning and controlling functions.
· University degree or equivalent.
· A Proven track record of successful underwriting in General Liability, Lead Umbrella and Excess lines of large to upper middle market Canadian Corporates
· Strong technical underwriting background and customer focus mindset
· 10 + years of underwriting experience
· Successful track record in building / growing a sustainable portfolio
· Broad network of broker and client contacts
· High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently
· Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Self-starter, ability and willingness to take the initiative in a team oriented environment
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of software applications
· Position requires a willingness to travel
· Fluency in English. Bilingual in French would be a strong asset.
About the Team
This position reports directly to the Head Casualty, Professional and Financial Lines Canada who in turn reports to the Corporate Solutions Canadian CEO. You will become a key member of our local team of Property & Casualty Underwriting, Claims, and Associate professionals.
How to ApplyInsurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monica for more information 416 703-5120 ext 201
397 total views, 1 today