Full-Time Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Altona or Winnipeg, MB
REPORTS TO: Controller
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Accountant is a member of the finance team and provides support for the Controller and Assistant Controller. The Senior Accountant plays an important role in our organization to help ensure that accurate and timely accounting and financial record keeping is maintained and reported as prescribed through accounting standards and OSFI.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assist with monthly financial statement preparation
- Assist with Quarterly P&C reporting
- Assist with annual budgets and forecasting process
- Support for the annual audit
- Development and review of reports for the organization
- Reconcile and post integrated batches from GIMS & Guidewire.
- Maintain accurate capital asset records.
- Month end processing of insurance premiums, investments, pre-paid, and accrued liabilities
- Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Reconciliation of multiple clearing accounts
- Assist with financial statements and reporting packages (IFRS)
- Prepare journal entries
- Collaborates with the Finance team to complete daily full-cycle accounting duties
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) or working through the CPA program
- 3 + years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- Advanced computer skills: spreadsheets, data processing (Microsoft Office, Guidewire, and Dynamics experience preferred)
- Experience working in a hands on capacity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across a variety of audiences
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and seek opportunities to improve process demands and maximize productivity
- Takes initiative, independent thinker, self-starter, detail oriented, and highly organized
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/
234 total views, 1 today