Full-Time Sales Consultant, Personal Insurance
You’re knowledgeable in the personal lines insurance industry with policies, products and customer service.
You’re a sales-driven entrepreneur — proactively getting new clients and business motivates you.
You’re a relationship builder — striking a meaningful conversation with a client, industry partner or colleague excites you.
If you’re nodding, this Sales Consultant role in the Personal Insurance area at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you and we’d love to hear from you!
This role can work out of any of our office locations.
What’s the ask?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Personal Insurance this role will be responsible to pursue new personal lines business for the brokerage by soliciting, counseling and quoting potential new customers.
- Soliciting, counseling and quoting potential new customers
- Be responsive to new business personal lines prospects through our inbound contact channels
- Perform front line underwriting to identify risk exposures and counsel prospect on coverage selection
- Prepare applications for prospect review and submission
- Adhere to company underwriting guidelines and service standards
What does it take?
- RIBO License or ability to obtain
- Previous insurance and sales experience
- Exceptional relationship-builder and networker with strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Highly developed client service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines,
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset.
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplySend your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
96 total views, 1 today