Full-Time Road Adjuster – Transportation
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of claims. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves.
· Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
· Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
· Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
· Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
· Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
· Ability to understand Transportation, Professional Liability and Commercial Property claims, review, evaluate property damage estimates.
· Ability to understand and interpret complex insurance/lease contracts and changes in the interpretation as a result of case or statutory law.
· Other duties as required.
· Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
· Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
· Knowledge of TPA business
· Knowledge of various property estimating programs.
· Litigation management experience, including participation in mediations and pre-trials.
· Strong coverage skills, ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.
· A functional knowledge of legal statutes and procedures.
· Time management skills.
· Strong Organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability convey professionalism.
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Exceptional customer services skills.
· College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Partial or Completed CIP or FCIP preferred.
· 5 or more years of extensive claims-handling experience in All Lines with a focus on Transportation
· Experience working in a commercial lines claims environment.
· Partially or fully licensed and/or certified in Ontario
How to ApplyInsurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monica for more information 416 703-5120.
172 total views, 5 today