Full-Time Risk Management Advisor
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain confidential.
Risk Management Advisor
The Risk Management Advisor reports to the B2R Manager and the Director of Risk Management (at parent company), and will engage with others to administer, organize, coordinate and report on insurance and claims for Canada. The Risk Management Advisor will work closely with brokers, carriers and local business units to assess company risk thresholds and administer insurance and claims processes. The Risk Management Advisor will be the single point in Canada for the Risk Management function, with collaboration and reporting to the parent company’s Risk Management function in the States.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- As the Canadian point of contact on claims processing, actively engage with and manage the third-party claims administrators
- Validate, seek approval, and process claims invoices and payments
- Manage trust accounts with third-party claims administrators
- Establish measures and monitor the performance of third party insurance adjusters
- Maintain regular communication with legal and management regarding current incidents
- Provide support as required to the workplace OH&S department to minimize claims
- Assess the ongoing insurance coverage of the company based on risks and needs
- Work with the insurer to establish the company’s insurance portfolio
- Obtain adequate, cost effective insurance coverage
- Provide premium allocation to business units based on expenditures
- Maintain current knowledge of existing insurance policies and advise on those policies accordingly to internal and external parties
- Participate in reviewing claims against current insurance policies with support from legal, insurance broker, and RM Director
- Coordinate with Browz in vendor compliance
- Coordinate issuance of certificates of insurance and auto ID cards with broker
- Compile information for annual insurance renewals (property values, auto listings, etc)
- Assess and administer the transition of insurance for new company acquisitions
Education & Experience:
- Completed undergraduate degree or diploma
- Licensed (CIP, ARM, CIC, CRM, Broker or other)
- Demonstrated experience in property and casualty insurance
- Demonstrated experience in an insurance brokerage (minimum 2 years)
- Strong communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity.
423 total views, 1 today