Full-Time Risk Control Specialist
Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc. (JDIMI), a Navacord Company, is hiring for a Risk Control Specialist who has broad experience assessing insurance related risk for Commercial clientelle. If you have an Engineering background coupled with experience from an Insurance company or Insurance Brokerage assessing different types of risks, then we want to hear from you!
Jones DesLauriers, a Navacord company, is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage firm dedicated to providing expert solutions to businesses in the Ontario Marketplace. Our focus is on property and casualty insurance, surety, employee benefits and personal insurance.
To learn more about JDIMI, please visit: www.jdimi.com
The Risk Control Specialist will be reporting to our President and CEO.
· Assess internal company needs and develop programs for clients
· Provide clients with well researched advice to ensure they have a comprehensive risk plan using mechanisms of risk retention and risk transfer to survive under turbulent risk events
· Research the risk implications regardless of insurance peril or coverage
· Ability to fast track projects, develop opinions, make decisions while under duress
· Provide clients with a risk management portal and distribution network
· Integrate into current Navacord business and administrative systems
· Network with many entities with the Navacord group of companies
· Develop technical team, train and mentor employees
· Be a recognized problem solver for client and insurance carriers
What We Value
· Ability to lead and use sound judgement when assessing client risk and providing client advice
· Strong understanding of risk management principles and experience with financial institutions and their lending processes
· Insurance compliance background including, but not limited to, coverage discrepancies, industry standards and government regulations
· 10-15 years in the related field handling complex insurance risks
· Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent discipline
· Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario (RIBO) license, Certified Risk Management (CRM) designation
· Strong ability to lead, make decisions and effectively handle client inquiries of complex nature
· Extensive knowledge of various types of commercial property insurance policies
· Advanced skills in MS Office Suite and EPIC software
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
156 total views, 1 today