Full-Time Residential Underwriter
LOCATION: Altona, MB or Winnipeg, MB
REPORTS TO: Residential Underwriting Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
We are a progressive property & casualty insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities
Red River Mutual is looking for a Residential Underwriter to join our team!
WHAT DOES AN UNDERWRITER DO?
A Residential Underwriter is responsible for evaluating risk when insuring a home and personal property. An underwriter evaluates the property to ensure that accurate rating and premium has been applied. Effective phone and email communication skills along with the ability to build lasting relationships with our broker force are mandatory requirements for this position.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
With offices located in Altona and Winnipeg Manitoba. we provide insurance to residential, agricultural and commercial customers through a network of brokers in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
We believe that employees deliver their best results in an atmosphere for support and respect. We strive to maintain our culture to ensure working at Red River Mutual is enjoyable and rewarding. In addition to the positive working environment, Red River Mutual is proud to offer employees competitive salaries, benefits and pension packages.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS IS FOR YOU?
- You have strong communication skills, especially via phone and email.
- You are adaptable and can act effectively within deadlines
- You are able to problem-solve even under pressure
- You enjoy providing excellent customer service
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assess policy applications, endorsements and renewals
- Apply effective pricing and underwriting practices
- Cultivate relationships with brokers
- Analyze portfolio and provide recommendations to senior underwriters
- Participate in training and development opportunities
- Participate in insurance industry and broker events
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset
- CIP designation or working towards is considered an asset
- Experience in customer service
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office program suite
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/ We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
26 total views, 1 today