Please note: you must reside in Alberta – Calgary preferred – to sufficiently fulfil the tasks of this positionReporting to the Vice President Western Canada, develop new loan volume for the company by solicitation of new insurance broking clients; to call on existing clients to retain and expand their loan volume; to educate brokers on our services, systems and procedures; to assist internal department as required; to gather data on competitors and monitor their activity within assigned territory; to promote company at insurance industry functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong/profitable relationships with insurance brokers (clients) within assigned territory in order to exceed sales targets.
- Maintain regular contact with clients by representing FIRST in a professional manner through office visitations, presentations, functions, conferences, phone calls and written correspondence.
- Provide valuable assistance to clients by analyzing their needs, identifying problems and providing solutions in order to retain and expand their loan volume.
- Educate assigned brokers on FIRST services, credit policies and processes while working closely with assigned underwriting team to increase quality of business, approval and funding ratios.
- Build internal working relationships with FIRST staff and provide assistance to Inside Sales, Marketing, Credit, Operations and Collection personnel as needed.
- Use creativity and good judgment to provide the client with the best possible terms/program while minimizing the risk and maximizing returns to FIRST.
- Analyze production reports to evaluate monthly loan volume, identify challenges, and target brokers for increased sales opportunities.
- Be a strong advocate for assigned brokers, ensuring that opportunities and issues are brought forward to management.
- Monitor local insurance trends and competitive developments and report to management as needed.
- Promote other finance products/solutions and services by providing training/development opportunities for clients and attending client and trade functions.
- Share best practices and product/process improvement ideas with peers and other segments of the business.
- Establish and maintain contact management system and communicate weekly/monthly activity to management as directed.
- Prepare reports, business plans, and business cases as required.
- Ensure expenses are kept up to date; within budget and value maximization is attained for all expenditures.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- Must reside in Alberta – Calgary preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Minimum three years sales experience is desirable
- Ability to travel up to 80% in assigned territory by vehicle and/or airline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to attend insurance related functions during or after normal work hours
- Ability to interpret financial data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) a plus
Training/ Education/ Experience Qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications)
- University/college degree is generally preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This is an equal employment opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minimum three years sales experience is desirable: 3 years
How to Apply
||First Insurance Funding of Canada
|External Link (URL):
||Visit the Web site
(Reply to this ad)
||Toronto, Ontario, Canada
||Alberta - Calgary
8015 total views, 3 today