Full-Time Reinsurance Facultative Underwriter
Casualty Facultative Underwriter
Everest Reinsurance Company (Canada)
Everest Reinsurance (Canadian Branch), a member of the Everest Re Group, LTD, is seeking a Casualty Facultative Underwriter for the Toronto office. A high level of technical underwriting, communication and analytic skill is necessary to develop and manage business to achieve long term underwriting profit and growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key responsibilities for the position include new business production and renewal underwriting of general liability, automobile liability, excess and umbrella liability, wrap-up/project construction liability and professional liability along with adherence to underwriting rules and guidelines while developing strong customer relationships through exceptional service and solution oriented results.
- Developing and cultivating new and existing broker and customer relationships.
- Produce, underwrite and manage a book of business which includes renewing existing accounts, developing new business while achieving company profitability and return metrics.
- Determine whether to accept, modify, or decline risks.
- Collaborate with all functional areas of the company including claims and accounting to support company objectives.
- Adhere to pricing and selection standards that support strategic objectives and achieve desired financial goals.
- Maintain awareness of competitor capabilities and strategies, as well as the overall insurance marketplace.
- Clear ability to work collaboratively within the team and/or taking the deal lead while under minimal supervision.
- Travel required.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, above and insurance certifications or equivalent experience.
- 5 -10 years primary underwriting with a commercial lines insurance company with a broad range of exposures, facultative reinsurance a plus.
- Ability to stay organized within a fast paced, team-oriented, and high intensity work environment with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Be self-motivated and independent while maintaining underwriting discipline to achieve strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of loss rating techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship management and business development skills.
- Possess excellent analytical skills.
- Possess good computer skills, including working knowledge of various Microsoft programs.
Toronto – Reinsurance Canada
How to ApplyPlease contact email@example.com Please attach Resume
90 total views, 1 today