Full-Time Regional Underwriter
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: https://www.munichre.com/HSBBII/
This full time position provides timely, knowledgeable and professional service to our Brokers and Client Companies (Assumed) within our underwriting guidelines.
- University degree or college diploma
- 2 years minimum related work experience in Commercial Insurance
- Completion of CIP designation or enrollment in CIP program with expectation of program completion.
- Excellent verbal communication skills & strong commitment to professionalism
- Marketing/sales experience will be preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Team Player
- Confident presentation ability and practiced negotiation skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license preferred
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference RUWV0218-CU and send a covering letter along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted
445 total views, 1 today