Full-Time Regional Underwriter, Montreal
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
This full-time position of Regional Underwriter provides timely, knowledgeable and professional service to our Brokers and Client Companies within our underwriting guidelines. The position demonstrates functional technical knowledge of relevant underwriting concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques, to include; coverage issues, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place. This role provides you a chance to network with people across North America and maintain work-life balance while working in a positive and fun work environment.
• Provide quality service to Brokers and Client Companies by responding to underwriting, sales and service requests.
• Liaising with Business Development Representatives, Managers and Employees to ensure quality and accuracy of documents.
• Responsible for risk assessment, quoting new accounts and renewals within the Company guidelines.
• Occasionally accompany Business Development Representatives and Managers on Customer sales calls and seminars.
• Attend industry events as a Company representative.
• University degree or college diploma.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience in Commercial Insurance and knowledge of P&C.
industry, underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, pricing, risk selection, actuarial concepts, reinsurance.
• Bilingual in French and English.
• Completion of CIP designation or enrollment in CIP program with expectation of program completion.
• Excellent verbal communication skills & strong commitment to professionalism.
• Strong analytical skills and practiced negotiation skills.
• Team Player and a self-starter who is highly motivated.
• Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference RUWC1022-BW and please click the link: Apply Here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference RUWC1022-BW and please click the link: Apply Here.
92 total views, 5 today